Common Insurance Questions

With direct billing and knowledgeable staff, insurance has never been so easy.


Q: Can rental items be billed to my insurance?

A: Most health insurance plans will pay rental fees for home medical equipment. Most plans will pay rental fees up to the purchase price of the equipment. A member of our team will be happy to contact your insurance company to find out the specifics of rental items covered by your plan.

Back to top


Q: How often do I have to pay my deductible?

A: Most health insurance plans have a yearly deductible that starts over every January.

Back to top


Q: Pill Box is an in-network provider for which health insurance plans?

A: Pill Box is in-network with Medicare, Medicaid, Anthem, Lutheran, NorthWood, Sagamore, Signature Care, PHP, Preferred, and WellCare just to name a few.

Pill Box “Pharmacy” has been granted in-network status with every insurance company we have dealt with to date except PHP.

Pill Box “Home Medical Supplies” has been granted in-network status with every insurance company we have dealt with to date except Aetna and Cigna.

Back to top


Q: What is an ABN?

A: An Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) is a form that allows us (Pill Box) to let you know before you receive an item or service that Medicare probably will not pay, and the reason we believe Medicare will not pay for the item or service on that particular occasion.
The ABN also allows you to make an informed decision on whether or not to receive the item or service for which you may have to pay “out-of-pocket.”

Back to top


Q: What types of equipment can be rented at Pill Box?

A: Pill Box has a large variety of rental items. The following are some of Pill Box’s most popular rental items: wheelchairs, lift chairs, scooters, crutches, walkers, knee-walkers, CPAP, oxygen equipment, hydraulic patient lifts, bed side tables, and hospital beds.

Back to top


Q: Will Medicare Part B pay 100% of the cost of home medical equipment?

A: Once your deductible of $162.00 for Medicare Part B has been met, Medicare will then pay 80% of their allowable and you will be responsible for 20% of all approved charges. If you have a supplemental health insurance plan, these plans may cover the remaining 20% of approved charges.

Back to top


Q: Will Medicare Part B pay for any home medical equipment?

A: For Medicare Part B to pay for home medical equipment it has to:
* Be able to withstand repeated use (which means disposable items would not be covered)
* Be used for a medical purpose (which means there is an underlying condition which the item should improve)
* Be useless in the absence of illness or injury (which means any item preventive in nature, such as bathroom safety items would not be covered)
* Be used in the home (which means any item needed outside of the home would not be covered)

Back to top


Q: Will my health insurance pay 100%?

A: All health insurance plans vary with regards to percentage of coverage. Most insurance companies will pay 80% after you have met your deductible. Then you or your secondary insurance would be responsible for the other 20%. Pill Box will work with you and your health insurance company to determine how your plan pays for medical equipment and supplies.

Back to top